Wednesday 4 September 2013

Questionnaire Feedback

I handed out my questionnaire to 20 people. I used a questionnaire because it is the quickest way to get feedback because it isnt time consuming and only takes a minute to answer my questions. I sent out my questionnaire to different ages so I could get a variety of answers from different age groups. I then used the results from the questionnaire and put it into bar charts and pie charts to demonstrate the answers. I have also analysed them to give an explanation as to what they mean.

Question One - Are you male or female?
This graph shows that 9 males and 11 females answered my questionnaire. I asked this question so that I could have different genders answering my questions. If I had asked just one gender to answer my questionnaire, I may not have been able to get a variety of answers that I received.

Question Two - How old are you?
As I wanted a variety of answers from my questionnaire, I asked the ages of the people who took it because I wanted to make sure that I got a range of ages answering my questions. This way I can see how different ages use music videos in different ways.

Question Three - What is your favourite music genre?
The pie chart shows a large proportion of people preferring the 'pop' genre of music. This could link to the high level of 17-19 year olds that answered my questionnaire, as this could be the most popular genre among them. This also could reflect that pop artists music videos are the most popular in the industry. Also, those who are pop artists need to ensure that their music videos target the majority.

Question Four - Where do you watch music videos?
YouTube and Vevo were the most popular way in which people access music videos. YouTube has 100,000,000 videos watched daily and this includes a high percentage of music videos.

Question Five - How often do you watch music videos?
A high amount of people watch music videos once a day. This means that over the years, the music video has become more important in selling the music of a particular artist. From the results it shows that if music videos are popular, so are the songs. This is why many artists have started to create unique videos, that they will increase the popularity of their music.  


Overall, after looking at the results from the questionnaire feedback it is clear that the increase in people accessing music videos mostly online. This means that artists need to make their music videos more unique in order to stand out from the other music videos. The pop genre also seems to be the most popular, meaning that any pop artists need to make sure their video targets a wide percentage of the population all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment