Wednesday 18 September 2013

Ed Sheeran Audience Research

For part of my audience research I asked three different people who like to listen to Ed Sheeran's music questions about Ed Sheeran and his songs. I did this to get some sort of an idea of what conventions they expect to see in Ed Sheeran music videos and get some audience feedback.

Interview one

1) What do you like about Ed Sheeran?
A: "I like his casual styled appearance and how he is different from other artists he doesn't 'dress to impress'."

2) What is your favourite song by Ed Sheeran?
A: "My favourite Ed Sheeran song has to be drunk, I like it because I can relate to the lyrics."

3) What is your favourite Ed Sheeran music video?
A: "My favourite Ed Sheeran music video has to be Lego house."

4) What do you expect to see in an Ed Sheeran music video?
A: "Ed Sheeran playing an acoustic guitar. And no quick cuts." 

5) If you were making a music video for Ed's song 'give me love' what would you include?
A: "I would probably get someone to play 'Ed Sheeran' and have them mime the words and play an acoustic guitar. Also have other characters act out a story behind the lyrics."

6) What other artists similar to Ed Sheeran do you like?
A: "Matt Howard"

Interview two

1) What do you like about Ed Sheeran?
A: "He has a really relaxing voice. I never get bored of listening to his songs."

2) What is your favourite song by Ed Sheeran?
A: "I like quite a lot of Ed's song but  I have to say my favourite is 'you need me but I don't need you'. Its my favourite song because it is different from Ed Sheeran's other songs because it is more up beat than the rest."

3) What is your favourite Ed Sheeran music video?
A: "My favourite music video by Ed Sheeran is 'everything has changed' featuring Taylor Swift."

4) What do you expect to see in an Ed Sheeran music video?
A: "I expect to see Ed with a story behind the song."

5) If you were making a music video for Ed's song give me love what would you include?
A: "Ed playing his  acoustic guitar and two characters being all 'lovey dovey'."

6) What other artists similar to Ed Sheeran do you like?
A: "Passanger."

Interview three

1) What do you like about Ed Sheeran?
A: "I like he is unique, he is different from other male artists. He dresses casual and doesn't really care about his appearance. I also like the fact that his lyrics have meaning not like other male artists singing about sleeping with girls."

2) What is your favourite song by Ed Sheeran? 
A: "My favourite song by Ed Sheeran has to be 'Give Me Love'.

3) What is your favourite Ed Sheeran music video?
A: "My favourite music video by Ed Sheeran has to be 'The A Team'. I like it because it because it tells a story of a girls struggle living on the streets".

4) What do you expect to see in an Ed Sheeran music video?
A: "A character in his song acting out the story behind the lyrics." 

5) If you were making a music video for Ed's song 'give me love' what would you include?
A: "Two characters in love and show the highs and lows of relationships to portray the meanings of the lyrics."

6)What other artists similar to Ed Sheeran do you like?
A: "James Arthur" 

No comments:

Post a Comment